Wednesday, November 1, 2006

leftover meatloaf

So, I'm sitting here, watching Megan Mullally on her new talk show. For those of you not in the know, she played Karen on Will & Grace.

I have come to the assumption that the last stop on the celebrity has-been bus is talk show town.

She's fun enough, I guess. But today my interest was piqued more that just a little when I heard who her guests would be. Julianne Moore, normal. Jamie Kennedy, somewhat normal. And special musical guest....

Meatloaf?

Seriously, Megan? Did you even have to ask him? Hell, did you even have to pay him?

Mr. Loaf (or "Meat," as I have come to know his friends and back up singers call him) is looking a little rough for wear nowadays. I hate to say it, but even in his heyday he didn't look too great. He didn't sound very meaty, either. He was very shaky as he caressed the red hanky attached lovingly to his mike stand. I literally thought he might pass out, he looked so weak.

BUT I did love that one song he did, "I'll Do Anything for Love (But I Won't Do That)." Though I never did find out exactly what that "thing" was. Hm. Now that I think about it, that was such a befuddling song. I also liked the one about Rock and Roll Dreams. I was in elementary school when my sister purchased the cassette tape for Bat Out of Hell II. I remembering getting a secret thrill as we listened to it, and seeing the word "hell." I also remember reading the liner notes and seeing the word "fuck" and going back to it repeatedly to see if it was still there. My sister was such a junior high badass. :)

ANYway. I digress.

Meat apparently has a new CD out, titled (somewhat surprisingly) Bat Out of Hell III.

My question is how many times is that damn bat going to come back?

No comments:

Post a Comment

TELL me about it.