Monday, February 23, 2009

been a long time, been a long time

So...it has been quite a while since my last blog. A few months actually...I've just not been able to make myself write anything, it seems. There certainly hasn't been a shortage of things going on. Just to sum up: December sucked. There were a few shining moments—Melanie came to visit, the parties were fun and my dress was fabulous, Christmas was good—but the rest of it made me want to claw my eyes out. In fact, there were only a few good things about 2008. Number one at my list being J. But more on that later.

Our New Year's Eve was pretty low-key; we all just hung out at Craig's, drinking, snacking, and playing cards. I was just so relieved to see 2008 leave. It seemed as if a huge weight was lifted from my shoulders. My life is constantly full of worries and concerns, and I feel the need to always be looking over my shoulder or bracing myself for what horribleness is coming my way. I resolved to make 2009 my year, and it really is liberating to actively try not to feel so anxious all the time. Right now, I'm trying to keep my focus on the most important things right now, and I'll worry about the rest later. (Easy enough, right?)

One of those important things right now is my big move. For those of you who haven't been around me longer than 10 minutes or so to hear me bitch about my apartment in length, here's the short story: I hate my apartment, it sucks, I'm ready to move. And now, finally, the time has come. I'm moving on Saturday, February 28, and I will be able to bid Michael Barry Properties good riddance. More on that to follow.

My life is going alright so far. I'm moving. J and I have been officially "together" for ten months, dating almost a year. I got a new(er) car in December (Abe, my Lincoln). I still have a job (which is an accomplishment in itself with everything that's been going on). I've lost over 15 lbs since the beginning of the year (sweet). I feel like things are going fairly well.

I've had some issues getting things handled with my new place. I had been researching for a while, and I finally decided to be proactive and call the people over at Select My Space to make an appointment to check out some places I liked. They were super friendly, and I set up a time to go looking on that Saturday, Valentine's Day.

I looked at a lot of nice places, but in the end, I decided on Cliff Highland. The view is incredible, the place is nice and in a nice area. And one of the best things—no gas bill to deal with. Hallelujah. Water is "included" (somewhat), and then I just have to worry about power. It's close to work, too. It seemed like the best for the money. It's not much more than I'm paying now, plus I hate where I am now. Hate.

There have been some issues, though, as I said. I've had some problems communicating with the person who has been showing me places, and I didn't hear back about my application approval until yesterday. Just today was I able to look at the exact unit I'll be renting. I'm signing the lease on Friday. I've been holding my breath these past few weeks, just waiting for something to go wrong. Cross your fingers for me that it all falls into place.

Phew. It's good to be back. Hopefully soon I'll have something more entertaining to read than my bitching and life's updates :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh you! Your bitching and life updates are always so interesting though. Happy to read them! Ha ha ;-D

    ReplyDelete

TELL me about it.