Wednesday, February 8, 2006

high school

High School

It's so weird to me...here recently I've been getting all these adds and stuff from people that I went to high school with. I mean, it's only been like three years since I graduated, but it feels like forever. I remember thinking that some of these people I might never see again, but with all this new technology, it's entirely possible.

I guess I liked high school okay. I mean, there are definitely moments I choose to forget and times where I just wanted to scream! (And probably did.) But I had some good times, too. I loved being on the yearbook and newspaper staff, I loved seeing a lot of the same people everyday, and I especially loved getting to see all my close girlfriends and hang out with them. I miss you guys! I remember thinking that when we graduated, things would never be the same. And they haven't been. Some of us have gotten married, a few have moved away, some have had children )not just my girls, but everyone I went to school with). But I don't think things changing is a bad thing. Not at all. We just grew up, that's all. Most of the people I graduated with I have known since kindergarten. We are from such a small school and a small town; we all knew everything about one another.

And now it's getting closer to time for me to graduate college. At least, I hope. And that means that a lot of the class of 2003 are getting closer to entering the world and trying to figure out we want to do, as if we haven't been doing that for the past three years anyway. Whenever I see people I went to school with, I alwamys like to see how they've changed, how they've stayed the same. Then it kills me for people to see me and say that I haven't changed a bit. I feel like a completely different person. My first reaction is "What!?!?! I cut my hair!" (Which, coincidentally, is what I seemed to be known for, and it has grown back out, and that's kinda stupid). But also, I feel so much different. I moved out. FINALLY. I am trying to take control of my life. i think differently, I talk differently, I believe in a whole new way of thinking. But I guess a lot of it is inner change. Like I said, I grew up. But sometimes...you do want to return to that immature way of thinking. Not just high school. Way before that. like, elementary school, when we were just kids, and everything was so simple.

Anyway. Just a thought. I miss my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

TELL me about it.